Thursday, August 19, 2010

patience

hmmph! 
I will have you know that I am being incredibly patient and calm and not at all fidgety.
this is because I am very good at waiting for things to get done that I desperately want done NOW!
this particular day I am waiting for my beautiful husband to hang the antique chalkboard that has been collecting dust in our basement for almost two years now.
our dodgy lodger has vacated his room and I have very calmly (read:frantically) gone to work on his old room.
the day after he moved out I walked (read:ran) to home depot to pick out the perfect color for the walls. 
i wanted something that was calming and also light so that the minimal light through the two small windows would feel airy.
I ended up buying one of Martha's new colors called VerdiGris
kind of a blue/grey/green with some cool tones to it.
it is perfect!
Next, I want to hang this old chalkboard on the wall above the space that my new sewing table will be.
Across from the desk, in the very tiny room will eventually rest a beautiful little guest bed. 
but again, i am waiting patiently for the funds, and the time to buy a mattress. 
pray for me, as i will need it!
pics to come soon of the new space as we make our slow and steady progress.
in the meantime here are some gorgeous interiors and some pretty chalkboard inspiration.

No comments: